Women in their 40’s possess elegance, beauty and knowledge. 40’s is the time when your body goes though hormonal changes that could have effect on your skin. Collagen and elastin fibers continue to decline. Skin becomes even more dehydrated, could appear thinner and more fragile. Also, this is the time when dark spots start to surface.
Let’s talk about some steps to improve appearance of your skin.
1. Increase Use Of Daily Cleanser
– cleansing your skin is the first step at any age. Want more from you cleanser, try Hydrating Gel Cleanser that thoroughly cleanses and nourishes the skin with a light foaming action. Lactic acid gently exfoliates while improving skin tone and texture including pigmentation discolorations of fine lines. Blue Lotus, a plant extract, rich in phytosterols and flavonoids, that is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and fights free radicals
2. Fight Skin Discoloration
– during 40’s hyperpigmentation becomes increasingly common due to increased melanin, pigment responsible for color of the eye, skin and hair. To help with dark or blotchy spots try product containing Hydroquinone. Our Lightening Serum is the perfect combination of skin lightener 2% hydroquinone, exfoliants lactic & salicylic acids, and antioxidant Ascorbic Acid. Another great product to try is Ultra 15% Vitamin C Serum. Vitamin C scavenges and destroys reactive oxidizing agents and other free radicals and provides important protection against damage induced by UV radiation
3. Do You Know Your Skin Type
– just like it happened in your 20’s, breakouts may occur in your 40’s due to hormonal changes. Try Renew Serum with 1% retinol to accelerate cellular renewal, 7% glycolic acid that smoothes and improves skin’s texture, and 1% salicylic acid with anti-acne and anti-irritant properties. Another problem that occurs in our 40’s is dry skin. If you had oily skin in the past now your skin could become dry. Advanced B5 Hydration Moisturizer with hyaluronic acid, to attract and maintain hydration and Vitamin B, that helps stabilize moisture content of the skin
4. Retinol Is A Must
– to speed up cell renewal rate. Retinol is an anti-aging ingredient derived from vitamin A; it accelerates cellular renewal and assists in collagen synthesis. Our Tretinol 0.5% Serum with retinol, vitamin E and vitamin C work together to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while preventing new wrinkles from forming. Another product to try is Super Serum with retinol, peptides and growth factors to help tighten and strengthen the skin’s cell matrix for the ultimate anti-aging treatment
5. Eye Care
– take the time to take care of your eyes. To prevent and treat crow’s feet try 7.5% Vitamin C Eye Gel. Vitamin C improves skin elasticity, decreases wrinkles by stimulating collagen synthesis, reduces erythema, promotes wound healing and suppresses pigmentation while snap-8, a very potent octopeptide, reduces the appearance of wrinkles on the face caused by the contraction of muscles of facial expression. For maximum results follow up with Cyto-luxe Eye Cream. Active ingredients antarcticine, increases the formation of collagen and elastin, while hibiscus esculentus extract protects cells from oxidative stress as well as inhibits muscle cell contraction
6. Have a monthly facial
– to stimulate cell turnover and restore hydration of the skin. Our Corrective Acid Peels will help improve skin’s texture, aid in acne control, minimize the appearance of premature aging and hyper-pigmentation. After the treatment your skin will appear clearer, younger and fresher, revealing your beautiful complexion. Make an appointment at our Brighton location and your esthetician will choose the best treatment for you.