Thirty’s are may be the new twenties but the visual signs of aging begins at this age. Fine lines and wrinkles start to appear, as the skin becomes thinner and production of collagen and elastin starts to slow down. The eyes usually show signs of aging first.
If your skin was flawless and beautiful in your 20’s without an extra effort, your 30’s is the time to enhance your skin care regiment with the following steps:
1. Clean & Exfoliate – Cleansing is the most important step in skin care because clean skin is healthy skin. Dull skin can make us look older than we actually are, to prevent that use an exfoliant like Daily Polishing Cleanser. The unique powder formulation effectively cleanses and exfoliates the skin. A combination of jojoba beads that gently exfoliate and salicylic acid that penetrates deeply into the pores to eliminate build-up result in a radiant and evenly-toned skin
2. Accelerate Cell Turnover – In our 30’s the cell renewal rate usually slows down. Exfoliating with alpha hydroxy acid and retinol helps to remove layers of dead skin cells and accelerate skin renewal. Serum Retinol CS is a great combination of 3% Retinol that accelerates cellular renewal while 5% Glycolic Acid smoothes skin and improves its texture
3. Use Antioxidants – Antioxidants help repair and prevent damage of the skin, increase collagen production, promote healing and help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. 15% Vitamin C Serum visibly transforms skin’s clarity and reduces the appearance of fine lines. High dose of vitamin C scavenges and destroys reactive oxidizing agents and other free radicals while provides protection against UV radiation and improves skin elasticity
4. Hydrate Inside & Out – Human body is 60-70% water, drinking enough water is essential for the healthy body and skin. Water gives the skin fresh and radiant glow. Hydrated skin shows fewer signs of aging; therefore, increase the use of moisturizers and hydrating serums. Try B5 Hydration that helps restore the skin’s elasticity with the perfect balance of nourishment and hydration. Hyaluronic acid delivers and maintains water hydration and pro-vitamin B5 assists in stabilizing the moisture content of the skin
5. Protect – To prevent wrinkles sunscreen must be step in your daily skin care regiment. Try Oil Free SPF 40+ Sunscreen. It provides broad spectrum protection from the sun’s damaging rays while nourishing hydrators and antioxidants help fortify the skin. Hyaluronic acid attracts and maintains hydration to hold 1000 times its weight in water; vitamin E, an antioxidant, protects from oxidative stress and has anti-inflammatory properties
6. Always Look Well Rested – Thirties, possibly, the busiest time of your life and it’s also the time when dark circles under your eyes start to develop. Using Vital Eye Cream will help hydrate the eye area, leaving it appearing smooth and revitalized. Active ingredient eyeliss helps to prevent puffiness and reduces under eye circles while chamomilla flower extract is an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties
7. Have a monthly facial– a deep cleaning facial with alpha hydroxy acid to hydrate and rejuvenate your skin. Our Hydration Party Treatment with gingko biloba mask, collagen eye mask and lactic acid is ultra energizing. Schedule your facial at skin care studio by Irina in Brookline.